Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fun with Ah-Size

Last night's Windsor Pilates workout was interesting, to say the least.
I was solo parenting for the evening, and Stefan started getting restless and fussy as usual, but Boom came up with a great idea when he told me, "Go ah-size, mama!"
My not-yet-3-year-old is telling me to exercise! I have my own personal trainer, right in my very own house!
So I put in my new Windsor Pilates DVD, and boogied away with Stefan watching openmouthed in the stroller, and Boomer on the floor beside me doing leg lifts. What a riot! It took some improvisation, because during some segments I had to run while pushing the stroller one-handed 'round and 'round the area rug, while Boom laughed and ran after me, in circles, until all of us were dizzy and giggling.
It was fun. I don't remember the last time I had fun while ah-sizing!
It was very stressful taking a shower afterward, though. If you can call it a shower. I ran upstairs, leaving Stefan still in his stroller, and took a 60-second freezing-cold scrub. 15 seconds into it, Boomer came up and yanked open the glass door, screaming. "MAMAAAAA! NO SHOWER ! OUT!"

In typical toddler insane fashion, he had decided he did not want me to take a shower. All-righty, then! At least I got the sweat off!
Felt very good for the rest of the evening, which I spent intensely entertaining the kids, trying my hardest to keep them both happy, without my husband to help. Raspberries on the tummies, legs and feet. Funny faces. Playing trains. Coloring. Whew!
I never got, before kids, how playing with your children can be exhausting. Now I know it's because you have to be "on" all the time, even when you don't feel like it, even when you're tired, or just plain feeling lazy and wanting peace and quiet.
But even while I put my wants and needs aside to tend to theirs, I am so insanely happy and feel as if I'm living a wonderful dream. A dream where I am the mother of two boys who look at me as if I put the sun up in the sky for them. And, at least for now, in their adoring eyes, I do.
I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home