Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday-- fruit 'n' steak

Two hours until bedtime, and I haven't done a thing as far as exercise goes.
It was one of those cloudy days, when all you feel like doing is to stay in your jammies and kinda let the day float by.

So, that is what I did. It has been a quiet day-- OK, as quiet as it can be with one boy running at full speed, pushing his Radio Flyer on the hardwood floors, the other crawling, also at full speed, repeatedly getting stuck in places, and yelling in distress.

Stefan is now in his exersaucer ('cause he just ate,) ticked as hell. He no longer wants to be in that confining contraption; there are places to go and things to see. Beside him, Boomer is playing on the coffee table with his three new cars, a New York City police car, taxi and fire engine, which he picked out yesterday at a wonderfully cheesy souvenir store. My husband is perusing catalogs (please, my love, no more shoes!) as he watches the news, and I am doing this newfound thing, which I find relaxing, unlike writing a novel, which, to me, was extremely stressful. I questioned every word I put on the page, and sometimes it would take me hours to write a paragraph.

I am thinking of using this blog as practice for easing into writing again. I hope the process will be easier the second time around, because nothing would fulfill me more than being able to publish another book, then another. For now, I am revving the engines, getting ready, collecting ideas. No hurry. I am busy enjoying my boys and their smallness, trying to savor and document everything while I still can.

Back to today. Made the usual fruit smoothie at breakfast time, with mango, peach, blueberry, banana, carrot, and wheat germ, all pulled together by Tropicana Kids orange juice. I was very pleased that Boom was able to drink his, since his tummy problem is all gone.

I am addicted to this fruit cocktail. I can't start my day without it, and after I drink it I can practically feel it going straight to my cells. It also helps put my mind at ease, knowing that my toddler is getting everything he should, from the get-go, power fruit down the little hatch, and then we're good for the rest of the day.

This morning, I made some for Stefan, too, only with banana and blueberry and carrot. No citrus until he turns one, at least. He, too, loved his fruit smoothie.

My husband, wonderful as always, went out and grilled tonight, so I got that steak for dinner that I had been craving. We had some special ones in the freezer, which we had been saving for just the right time.

These were exquisite. Craving sated.

I still have time to do some form of exercise, before the day is done. It won't be easy, with a belly full of meat, but I can do it. Whatever I do, it will be better than doing nothing.
But, right now, I have to put me on hold, again. I need to get Stefan a bottle. He is telling me he's thirsty, in his urgent, adorable, Neanderthal "unhh, unnh" way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home