Thursday, September 06, 2007

Staying the course


The good news is, I got to do Pilates today.

The bad news is, my SI injury flared up because of it.

Dr. Z. wasn't very happy. he thinks the exercises he teaches me, plus walking, should be all I need to keep strong and fit. "Why do you want to do Pilates?" he asked me.
"Because I like that the exercises involve as much mind as body, and because every woman I have seen who does it on a regular basis looks great."

He told me the people who look great that you see are "the survivors." That not everyone who does it will stick with it, just like a gym membership.

The thought of giving up my newfound exercise has me very disappointed, so I have every intention of staying with Mari and her wonderful instruction. Going there makes me happy. And, I grudgingly admit, it's nice to have an older woman, a mother figure, in my life. Her reassuring presence gives me comfort, and I need that.

My next Pilates lesson is a week from Wednesday. I will be there.
Read Flowers in the Snow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home