Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stefan has conjunctivitis

Ugh. I came home from my chiro appointment to find my little boy looking just awful.

Stefan's beautiful eyes, his long-lashed, gorgeous, huge dark brown eyes, are red and puffy and oozing yellow goo.

The week-long cold has complications, it seems. I tried some Similasan for pink eye, but it works for 5 minutes and then the goo returns. That is because Similasan is for viral conjunctivitis, and I think (no, know) this is bacterial.

I feel sick to my stomach just looking at him, knowing that it has to be the dreaded pediatrician appointment first thing tomorrow, and an antibiotic that will sting.

My own eyes sting just thinking about it.
Why do little ones have to get sick so often? It really breaks my heart.


Update, Friday morning.
Well, this morning I expected to need to pry his lids open with a can opener-- but there was only redness, no goo! It is viral! Woohoo!
I have to call and thank Dr. and Mrs. Z. for opening my eyes (no pun intended) to alternatives to mainstream approaches and medicine. Before I met them, I would have hoofed it that very afternoon to the pediatrician, for a prescription of antibiotics. I would, in fact, have demanded it.

Update, Saturday

Nope. Not viral. It's bacterial. They also both have double ear and sinus infections.

I hate that I have to give them antibiotics, but they do have their purpose. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home