Friday, November 02, 2007

Ch-Ch-Changes


Today I lifted 130 pounds. Dr. Z. is thrilled, especially since nothing hurts today.

I also realized, today, that I have gone over the deep end with avoiding things that I now perceive to be toxic.

Maybe it's Life, Part Deux, staring me in the face, and thinking that I really, really want to be here to see my grandchildren, but I am eliminating evil things right and left.

I have gone all stainless steel in the kitchen. Correction: nonstick free. Something about those flaking pans, and the question of where the flakes were going, made me nervous. My nanny is in heaven to be getting so many "new" pots and pans, LOL. She probably thinks I'm nuts.

I have also eliminated antiperspirant. Before you hold your nose and utter "EEEeewww" like my wonderful preschoolers, please know that I have found an alternative. Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder, along with some Crystal roll-on, have been working really well for me. I have purchased chlorine free pantyliners, and, as you know, have started using a Mooncup instead of those tampons and maxipads; the latter have always made me itch, for reasons I don't even want to learn.
I am taking Standard Process supplements, getting as much organic produce as I can, and, lately, using Burt's Bees products to wash-- and I forgot to tell you the bonus! I have found *the* best conditioner in the whole, wide world, the one I have been fantasizing about forever, while buying bottle after bottle of conditioners on 2 continents. Burt's Bees Green Tea & Fennel Seed Conditioner. Silky hair that is not greasy, and that feels smooth and wonderful. Aaahhh.... my thick mane has, at last, been tamed.
As for lotions, well, Dr. Mercola says that if you wouldn't eat it, you should not put it on your skin. Problem is, I have a stash of German hand cream that I absolutely must have. If I don't get a whiff of that stuff every day, all is *not* right with my world.
And last, but not least: I did not, and will not, get a flu shot this year, and neither will my children. This, from a woman who was ready to go to Canada in 2004, when she was pregnant, and there was a flu shot shortage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I read your comment on Sweet-salty. i have the same issues with cloth. Ends up, i have to bleach mine and strip them to get them to work PART TIME on my daughter.
Of course posting on diaper pin, they just tell me to use more vinegar. uh.... doesn't work.

glad to know I am not the only one.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home