Saturday, August 27, 2005

Rippin' it Up

Really ripped it up today. I worked out for an hour, very hard.

My husband put on his exercise clothes at 9AM, so I had my coffee, made the juice, and got in gear, too. I went in after he was done and drove myself hard for a whole hour. I would have stopped earlier, because, to be honest, I missed my guys, who were all upstairs. But 45 minutes into it, I was on the mat doing back exercises, when I saw shadows moving underneath the door. They were too small to be my husband's. In came my Boomer, dressed in jeans and a royal blue shirt, decorated with a knight in armor, on a silver horse.

"Mamm-aaaa!"
My tiny knight-in-training. I really can't describe, in words, how much I love him.

He started running back and forth on the exercise mat, laughing, and I ran, too. More cardio!
I ended the workout with 10 pushups, all my exhausted arm muscles could do.

It was a wonderful Saturday, despite the rain and clouds. I managed to whip up my cheesecake and get it into the fridge, for the dessert at dinner. We went to an expo, which wasn't too good, but we were together. Then, while my husband went and picked up some Lebanese food (gotta love tabuleh!) I took Boom to a toy store, where we picked up three little metal wind-up helicopters, which he insisted that he carry in his arms for the rest of our time out of the house.

We stopped by the airport and watched planes. Between takeoffs and landings, Boomer ran in circles, with me running after him, and it was so darned good to be able to run after my toddler and not get winded!

When it started raining again, we went home and had a nice dinner. Stefan ate his first Falafel and loved it! The cheesecake was a hit -- Stefan opened his baby bird mouth extra wide, for that.

Tomorrow I am thinking of making chocolate cake.

When you work out, the perk is that you get to eat some treats with zero guilt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home