Friday, November 09, 2007

And the winner is...


I have an obsession with diaper cream. I guess it is because I absolutely loathe diaper rash. The smallest irritation would make me feel so neglectful.

I have purchased dozens of diaper creams in at least 5 countries, on 2 continents. I have diaper cream from, to name a few, France, Germany, Austria, Mexico, and Switzerland. I have ones that are medicated, unmedicated, scented, unscented, with lanolin, zinc oxide, calendula, even with Nystatin.

I have tried them all.


But the other day, in an effort to make my home less toxic, I was checking out Burt's products at my local Whole Foods, and there it was: Burt's Baby Bee Diaper ointment. It was like waving a little white chip, complete with lighter and pipe, in front of a crack addict's nose: I had to have it.

The minute I used it on Stefan, I felt utter joy. This is what I have been seeking for 5 years. The cream of my dreams! Not too thin, not too thick, easy to apply, easy to wipe off the fingers, and no medicinal odor. It is made with beeswax, and it smells of lavender and honey. What a delight. There is no pleasure like that of lifting a freshly-diapered, sweet smelling little one, in your arms, and this cream is utterly pleasing in every way.

Tomorrow I will tell you of the wonderful new chlorine free diapers I have found. Oh, and the doublers, and the natural pads!

2 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

First, thanks for commenting on my nablo page. Conjunctivitis is the pits!

Ooh, I'll have to try Burt's diaper cream. I've seen it and have been tempted. We use Boudreaux's Butt Paste on our daugher, and while I think it works great, I think it smells rather, well, nasty. I have gotten used to the smell, but if there is something that works great *and* smells great, that's even better!

Have you found anything that helps with the dry skin on the face? My daughter has spent the last two winters being sick basically nonstop, and when it's dry and we keep wiping her nose, her cheeks and nose are so red and outchy looking. I wish I could help. I keep slathering on the Eucerin but it just doesn't seem to help as much as I'd like it to.

Thanks,
Fran
www.patandfran.com

10:16 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Rose, thanks for the reply on my site! That sounds like good advice, and I'm looking forward to trying your suggestions! I'm actually glad that Greta required oral antibiotics rather than the eye stuff. Greta isn't the most tolerant soul, and I think she would not take to kindly to us trying to rub stingy goo in her eyes, with good reason. Good luck to you all!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home