Monday, December 03, 2007

This morning we had our follow up, and the ear infections are still there in both boys. Not as bad, but definitely still there. Poor Boom is having some trouble hearing, if spoken to too quietly.

At this point, the doctor is pretty sure that it is Streptococcus pneumoniae, because the darned thing is so resistant to antibiotics. She wants me to keep the boys home for at least another 3 days, because she doesn't want then reinfected with anything else at this point, when they are both so weak.

We are on antibiotics for another 10 days. This in addition to 14 days for the first treatment, and 5 days for the second.

This. So. Sucks.

What doesn't suck:

Great Dr. Z. appointment today. I lifted 140 pounds! Tomorrow I take both boys to him. If adjustments will help, then so be it. I'm willing to try anything.

Also, I made a great dinner, inspired by the recipes in Gordon Ramsay's book. There is a wine sauce in there that works with pork very beautifully-- and it is ridiculously easy to make. That, and cheese flan for dessert, made it a very gourmet dinner :)

I'm loving cooking as never before. And, I have to admit, I'm also loving having the boys home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Sorry to hear your boys are still unwell. I hope things get better soon. Off to check out the cheese flan recipe :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home