Sunday, August 28, 2005

Confession: I hoard fitness equipment

I ate and ate and ate today.

I know my appetite is high because of nursing (I am still pumping 5 or 6 times a day) and that small meals, very often, are the way to go, but it is so hard to change my view on eating. Usually when I am actively working out, I become much more conscious of what I take in, but the tendency is to starve myself, which always backfires. I have to learn, once and for all, that it's OK to eat, and that I can eat everything, just less.

This evening, during 60 Minutes, I did abs on my exercise ball, with my boys crawling on and around me. At one point I was trying to exercise with one in each arm :)
I actually managed to get a nice burn going.

My poor, twice C-sectioned abs.

The day after Boomer was born, the intern told me, "You have very well developed abs." It was kind of weird, knowing someone had actually seen my muscles!
I had worked out until month 6 of my pregnancy, even doing modified ab work, but after that I got lazy.

With Stefan, I did zero. For the longest time, I have not done more than lift my boys. Not good, for someone who used to treat herself not with shoes or clothes, but with fitness equipment. Dumbbells, barbells, ankle weights, gloves, several types of exercise balls, several types of steps, stretch bands, hand weights, tapes, I have them all, and they have been gathering dust for way too long.

As an incentive, last week I bought myself the coolest Everlast mat. Boom loves it, too. Very nice for stretching, back exercises, you name it. Also nice for proving to myself that I can still do a full split.

OK-- off to surf for little dumbbells for Boomer :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home