Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cold gone, back to the program


Well, I managed to beat the cold from hell all by myself, with no antibiotics.

Today I saw Mari and went through a rigorous one-hour workout.

Will do the same tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to an otolaryngologist who looked inside my nose with a small camera. He declared that what he sees is normal, and fired off a prescription for
Flonase, saying that it is "very gentle."
Whaa?
This thing is a steroid, people! The fine print says, "While using Flonase, tell your doctor if you have severe or ongoing nose bleed, vision problems, sores in the nose that won't heal, or if you have fever, body aches, chills, or flu symptoms."

Sheesh! I am trying to feel better, not worse!

He also ordered a cat scan of my sinuses.

I went outside, chucked the order and the prescription, and got myself to Whole Foods, where I found the spray in the picture. Similasan Sinus Relief. No side effects, no burning, no scary fine print, and wouldn't you know, it works like magic. I can smell things I have not been able to smell in years.
I think I need to find myself a naturopathic doctor. When faced with a choice, rather than immediately taking a machine gun to that fly, I'd rather try the good ol' fly swatter first, thank you very much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! Thiѕ article coulԁn't be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I'll forward thіs article tο him.
Faiгly certаin he'll have a great read. Thanks for sharing! read this

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home