Friday, July 06, 2007

How do you say "hello" in Whale-ese?




I'm back -- after only two years.


I can't believe it has been that long.

The last entry date was the last serious workout I had done in a long, long time.



Actually, I was trying to convince myself that I had stopped working out for only one year. But there you have it. Almost two whole years.



No wonder picking it up again has been nothing short of torturous. Can we say, "Humpback?"
Ugh.

What made me stop working out? Something pretty bad happened, I was glued to my computer screen without eating or sleeping much, for a whole week, and then my attitude was, well, "Fuck it."

Over these last two years, I ate very healthfully, tried cutting portions, tried cutting carbs, and have been up and down. But I have not been feeling well. My energy was at an all-time low, and everything seemed to creak and be stiff. And I have rolls in places where they are driving me crazy. Not so much the way they look, but the way they feel. Belly fat is uncomfortable. Those of you carrying your junk in your trunk should be happy about that -- at least you don't have to *work around* your caboose all day long.

After two rather disastrous attempts at cheating, one being Lipodissolve, and the other, Alli pills, I finally faced, again, the disappointing reality: there is no way around working out.
My husband has been slowly and quietly getting in shape for many months, and every time he'd go to the basement, I'd be in bed, watching some movie.
Finally, he asked me if I can help him by teaming up. Well, now, that is impossible to refuse.
So, here I am, again, starting fresh, feeling very proud of myself for having completed, let's see... 6 one-hour workouts this week. My sons, my wonderful little sweethearts, now 2 1/2 and 4 1/2, are thrilled! Boom actually works out with weights, I kid you not.


Since I have always wanted to try the Reformer, I found a local Pilates studio where, unfortunately, I signed up for a 10-lesson package.


I say unfortunately because I hate the instructors and I hate the workouts, and I can't get my money back.


So far, I have gone to 3 lessons and I already want out. I will post about that in the coming days.
Today I tried a different studio. Liked the workout, hated the locale. Looked like a darned torture chamber.
At least today I am going to bed pleased with myself.
Stay tuned! I have so much to say, as always!



2 Comments:

Blogger Space Mom said...

I am very happy that you are back in the game. I have worried about the Alli pills. The other, well, I hope it works, you are braver than me!

:)

Welcome back!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I'm not sure what the Reformer is but I hope it works! I'd love to find a pilates or yoga studio here.

Keep up the good work :)

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home