Sunday, July 08, 2007

Doe, a deer...




















Priceless moment with Boom today.

He was eating a snack at about 8 o'clock, at the kitchen table which sits in front of a sliding glass window, when he said, quietly, "Mama, come here."

I did. He pointed outside, where I saw a fawn passing through the back yard. "A baby deer!" I said.

"A mama, too," he told me.
Sure enough, I looked through another window, and there she stood, about 10 yards from my kitchen, a doe, frozen by fright, but still, she would not leave. Just stood there with her fawn, motionless, looking at me.

"Boom, come see," I whispered.

I picked him up, and he pressed his cheek to mine, obviously realizing that he was looking a the picture of us in animal version: a baby and its mama. "Why is she not going?" he asked.

Then, from the right, a second fawn appeared.

Boom and I grinned at one another. So, that was why she stood there, even though she had spotted us: she was waiting for offspring number two.

"That's her Stefan," I said.

"She was waiting for him!"

When both her babies were with her, she moved on.
I used to really dislike deer, because they always ate my roses. But this time, it was different. Even though she wasn't human, she was a mother, and strangely, I felt a link with that elusive, wild creature.

Anyway... today I did Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle Advanced. Gotta be careful with that one; it was what messed up my hip flexor a few months ago, and I still have pain there.

Dreading class tomorrow. I guess I'm hoping to find a local Mari Winsor.


1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

what a wonderful moment!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home