Tuesday, August 04, 2009

The Slippery Slope or MMMMmmm Caramel...


Wow.
It has been almost a year since I posted here.
How to encapsulate a whole year in a blog post?
Well, if I keep it about fitness, then it shouldn't be too hard.

I feel myself slipping again. For the longest while, I had control, and somewhere along the line I got lazy and lost focus.

Much easier to scarf down Starbucks coffee ice cream with Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel topping and candied pecans mixed in. All on a wonderful Oreo cone. MMMM... caramel.

Yeah, I am still a caramel junkie. It seems to be my downfall. 5PM seems to be the time I usually stop being good and just go on autopilot, looking for sweets. It is also the time when I look forward to my niece being picked up, turning me back into a caretaker of only two, as opposed to three, children.

Oh, I could go on and on about the current childcare arrangement, which has been going on now for almost three years. In the beginning, it was easier, because when the nanny left, my niece would nap, and so would Stefan, so I was able to wind down and, yes, hoop.

Nowadays, not only has the schedule become much more demanding (her parents demanded that I stop the naps because she was still bouncing off the walls at 11PM) but so has she. The child is used to saying, "I WANT" and it being handed to her 99% of the time, with no demands that she employ a nicer way of requesting. And although that doesn't work with me, it works with the nanny, who often gets leave early because it is just easier to deal with the kids myself.

You see, you don't mess with Auntie Rose.

Recently, the phenomenon of tattling has begun, and the parents get "MAMA I WANTED A LOLLIPOP AND AUNTIE AND NANNY SAID NO!" right as they walk in, which, of course, will get her three lollipops. And my nanny will get a very dirty look.

Enough complaining, because it isn't nice. OK, one more thing and then I'll change the subject: the LOUD meltdowns and the drama fits are starting to really try my patience. If I am anywhere in sight, they don't occur. But if I am not around, such as upstairs...you get the picture.

So Auntie Rose stress eats. And stress eats more when third child is picked up late. This week it is happening a lot, because BIL is overseas, and SIL is rarely capable of being on time-- unless it's a concert or other fun event, in which case she is the first to be ready.

So, when the house is finally quiet and my boys are watching TV and chilling, my thoughts and footsteps turn to the freezer.

The pounds and flab are slowly creeping back, and if I am not careful, I will be in really big (literally) trouble.

Which is why, starting tomorrow, I am back on the hoop, baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

That ice-cream sounds wonderful - I honestly just cant keep that sort of thing in the house - I don't have the self control!

Good to see you are blogging again. I've tried to add your blog to my bloglines feed but I get a message that your blog doesn't have an RSS feed - just wondering if you did that on purpose or if you haven't adjusted the settings - my longwinded way of saying I want to follow your blog!

Good luck with the hooping. I will be here to cheer you on - I'm trying to get back into exercise myself :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home