Tuesday, December 18, 2007

There is so much going on here, especially in my head, that things are beginning to slide off my plate in large chunks.

The hours in the day seem short, and I keep reminding myself to stop and enjoy.

If only I could feel as if I've accomplished a lot at the end of each day, insted of falling farther and farther behind, I would feel fabulous. I feel as if I'm putting out small fires, while the large one rages on, right behind me, burning my butt cheeks once in a while. I turn, squirt some water at the flames, temporarily putting the heat at bay, knowing it will come to burn me in the ass in a matter of days-- or even hours.

It isn't helping that Thursday is the one year anniversary of my mother-in-law's death, and it doesn't help realizing that this will be the day before my husband's birthday, every single year of the remainder of our lives. Puts a sad shadow on his birthday, and Christmas, and New Year's, holidays which used to be full of joy and enjoyment for us.

I am working to think of a way to give all of it meaning, and not have it just be a day where the kids get a lot of toys.

Well, my older son is here whining, so I don't even have the luxury of blogging in peace. Gotta go.
Have I mentioned that lately, I have no peace?

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Thinking of you today ((hugs))

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home