Monday, August 29, 2005

Happy One Month to Me!

I just realized I've been at this for a whole month! I can't believe it!

This morning I put on my "fat pants," just in case. I'm irrationally afraid they might fit again, all of a sudden!

I am always amazed at how weight can creep up, without being detected, until it reaches a point where it's a lot, and so darned hard to lose. I am one of those people who refuses to see the changes in the mirror, bad or good. I will buy jeans in a size larger, telling myself that the gain is temporary and that I don't really look bad. I don't look fat, nope, not I, haven't changed since my wedding day, when I was a size 2.

Yeah, right, Rose, and the $5.99 Zayre dress you wore that day could probably fit you on one arm, right now. Well, not right now, but it certainly could have, a year ago.

I lost a lot of weight with both pregnancies, first because I was too nauseated to eat, then because I had such heartburn that I couldn't eat much, and then, because I had a stomach the size of a walnut, when the boys' butts got high enough to push on it.

But with Boomer, I hit the sugar hard after I stopped nursing (lost the sweet tooth with both pregnancies, but it came back, the evil, evil thing.) Caramels, chocolate, you name it, I ate it. Gallons of Starbucks ice cream, the kind with the caramel swirl in it. Cadbury caramel eggs, the kind where you bite into a smooth, gooey center. MMmm...see a pattern, here? I am a caramel freak!

When Boomer turned a year old, I put on my stretchy pants, high heels (the shoes felt tight, I blamed it on after-pregnancy bloating) and a new velvet top, in extra large. Told myself it was extra large because of my voluptuous nursing boobage.

And then I saw the pics.

Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh. WHO was that fat lady in the pics with my beautiful, slim boy? Oh, my gawd, it could not be me! But I look good -- must be the camera angle. Yep, that's it, the camera.

For New Year's, we went to Florida, and again, I had to buy things in XL, including pants. I guess the butt goes with the boobage when nursing, yes? Of course it does! Uh-huh. My SIL took pictures of us, and in one, there I was, in front of a lovely Christmas village display made entirely of chocolate (gee, how appropriate) stretching upward to give Boomer a kiss while my husband held him.

The flat 'n' wide butt! The double chin! The biggie arms that looked like my mother's! Yowza, who was that? I'd ruined a perfectly good picture!

I vowed that when I was done TTC, having another baby, and all recovered from that, I would do something so that I wouldn't ruin my sons' pictures of their mother. I want them to look and say, "My mama was beautiful." 'Cause they can't say I was young :D

Anyway ... today Boomer sent me to the basement again, LOL. "Go ah-size, Mama!"

He went with me, keeping me company while I worked hard, even laying his little head on my leg while I did back exercises. Having him there is oh, so much better than the pre-child days, when I would do this alone. He makes me see why I am doing this, and also, keeps me smiling and motivated, not to mention makes me feel good that he is seeing me do ab work instead of sitting on the couch, which I love to do.
I did 35 minutes of cardio and some back stretches. My lower back is still aching. I wish the nagging pain would go away already. But I feel good. Maybe I'll do "TV abs" this evening.

For my one month anniversary of working out again, I scheduled a pedicure. I have been doing my own, so this should be a nice treat. Hey, maybe I'll post pics of the toes, which I intend to have him (yes, it's a him, he is a Vietnamese man who does the loveliest pedicures I've ever had) paint bright red, for fall. And maybe a pic of my waist, as seen in the fat pants.

I will never burn my fat pants. I'll frame the suckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home