Friday, September 30, 2005

Feeling Determined Today

After a pretty cool day at the granite place (we decided on granite for the kitchen, because Silestone would have had too many seams, and when I saw how gorgeous it can be, I went nuts and chose granite for all the bathrooms) and a rare lunch with adults, I went home, determined to work on those evil numbers.
I worked for 20 minutes, like a demon, backwards on my Stairmaster. I would have gone longer, but my nanny had to leave very early this afternoon.

I have discovered that Jeff Beck is the perfect accompaniment for this activity. Jeff Beck has a cult following among guitar players, and deservedly: his technique equals or surpasses that of any other rock player.

I never read or watch TV when I work out. I like to focus everything I have on what I'm doing, on form, on intensity, and on exertion level, which I strive to keep high. I like to focus on which muscles I am working, and to make sure I don't tax my joints too much. Music, the right music, is invaluable to me. I use different sound track every time, because variety makes me happy.

So does this framed poster of Arnold Schwarzenegger.


I seek help from it whenever I feel like quitting, 'cause it inspires me and makes me smile. He is a real, live Steinbach nutcracker. And he never would feel sorry for himself while working out.

Hmmmm... wonder what *his* body fat percentage is, these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

LOL, he *does* look as if he is giving birth! Reminds me of the movie Junior, I need to go rent that, after having two kids it should be more hilarious than when I first watched it, pre-pregnancies!

Now, how am I going to look at that poster the same way again? Now I will crack up at Arnold Giving Birth!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home