Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Excuse is, I Have None

Where has the week gone? Moreover, where has it gone without a serious workout?

You know, I thought of writing about the boys needing me, about Boomer being extremely upset 100 times a day lately, me needing to cook, and the new house getting down to the wire. Thought of writing about having to find countertop colors in 3 hours (don't ask about Boomer's meltdown in Expo because the woman there took away "his" bag of 15 Corian samples. I ended up having to leave a $25 deposit, but I wanted to strangle her for traumatizing my son to that degree -- not to mention the kick I received to my c-section scar.) Also, about having to find lighting fixtures in one afternoon, when the nanny was not here (that didn't get done, obviously, but I did manage to order everything by 2 AM yesterday.)

Also, Company picnic yesterday, on 4 hours of sleep. We did have a good time, except for Boomer throwing the biggest tantrum of his life when I tried to get him in the car with some milk at 4 PM, after he played on the slide and moon bounce all afternoon with only 1 pickle spear and 2 bites of watermelon to fuel him. There were ribs, burgers, hot dogs, pulled pork, potato salad, beans, but he would have nothing, nothing, nothing.

But, you know what? These are all excuses. I could have found 30 minutes to lift some weights on Thursday and Friday. I have no excuse, because I have a nanny. So I will own up to it: I have not worked out since Wednesday. The half-hour brisk walk with Stefan in the stroller, to get him to take his nap, doesn't count, at least, to me.

Which means I owe my body a really tough session today. No excuses.

After I pump, groom myself and the boys, get everyone dressed, make breakfast and smoothies for everyone, feed the boys, and take Boom to the potty several times.

Boy, is a nice, wonderful cup of Cofee Fool coffee sounding really good right now. I used to only buy from Peet's, but I found Coffee Fool and really love their Tanzanian Peaberry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home