Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Dancing to My Own Drummer

Today I did my own thing, because I'm sore from yesterday and wanted to give my muscles a break. I did 20 minutes of elliptical, slow/fast/slower/superfast, and then Boomer wanted me to jump on the mini-tramp with him, so we did that, and my son got good exercise, too!

I had yesterday's The Firm tape playing. I find that people exercising on video and the instructor saying, "Lift...lower...lift...lower...four more...three more" is good background and gets me into the groove.

Boomer is providing genuine encouragement. After I got off the machine, he clapped and said, "Bravo, Mama!" I love that he tries to do leg lifts with me. Setting a good example for him is a powerful motivator.

I finished with lots of abs on my Resist-a-Ball. That thing is the most innocent-looking piece of equipment I own, but don't let its blue good looks fool you. Abs on it are a killer, because you can't cheat. Being on the ball does not let you use any other muscles to sit up and lean back.

Today I put on a Size Medium (!) San Diego T-shirt that I got in 1997, on a visit to California. I am so stoked to fit into that again! Slowly, slowly, I'm getting there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home