Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Tired and Hungry

I haven't been able to sleep well at all since my husband left.

So, during the day, I am draggin' butt. Yesterday I was so tired that I could not bring myself to work out, although I wore my leggings and top until 6 PM. At that time, I just switched to pajamas, thought about doing pushups, and then decided I need to give myself a break.

Today I was determined to get myself in the basement, because if I let go for more than a day, it's a very slippery slope.

So, I took both boys, put one in his exersaucer (still using that thing for now, thank goodness) and one next to me, and went, you guessed it, backwards on the Stairmaster, at level 4 (!) for 15 minutes. Then I did bench presses to failure, and abs until I could do no more. Finished with pelvic tilts using the barbell as extra weight.

I always feel as if I should do more, so I left reluctantly, but I don't want to overdo it, either. On only 6 hours of poor sleep, that amount of effort was enough. In the past, when I've pushed it, I have gotten very sick and had to stop exercising for the duration. Don't want that.

Dinner was turkey on multigrain bread with mustard and one slice of Muenster cheese, and 3 squares of dark chocolate for dessert. I will have yogurt and fruit after Boomer goes to bed. I am so hungry. I've been hungry all day long. I've been avoiding the kitchen altogether, because every time I turn around, I want to eat.

Tomorrow I will work harder. I will also eat more. I'll earn a steak, and eat it, too :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home