Friday, September 02, 2005

Still on Track

I did well today.

Backwards on the Stairmaster for 15 minutes, then rewound The Firm, Volume 3, and did the middle and the end. Did not do the stretching, although I would have liked to, but Stefan was upstairs, and I wanted to be with my baby. Boomer (yup, he told me to go uh-size again today, I think it's becoming a ritual for him) played quietly with his little buses and found The Foot Book, which he perused by himself.

At the end, after I did my abs and was lying there, sticky and yucky and panting and feeling about 60 years old, he came over, plunked himself beside me on the mat (you've just gotta get yourself this Everlast mat!) and put his head on my shoulder. It made every rep worth it. I am determined to become lean, mean mama machine, and I will do it by Christmas, so help me! Yes, I will!

I almost, almost, raided the freezer for ice cream this evening, but opted for plain yogurt instead, with a few pecans and some dried cherries. I also, finally, de-gunked my espresso machine, and have been thoroughly enjoying cups of decaf in the afternoon, as the French have it, in a pretty cup, with one tiny square of dark chocolate to eat during and after. The espresso machine, a Valentine's Day gift from the best husband on earth, has been sitting unused, because during pregnancy I lost the taste for my favorite things: espresso, chocolate, caramel anything, and most sweets. Go figure. I began having coffee in the morning with no sugar, and I still do, to this day. The taste for espresso has finally returned, which means I'm back to normal and need to be extremely careful.

Doctor Mehmet Oz, on Oprah said, "Food is a medicine for you." Never thought of it that way, I always did view it as fuel, but medicine... hmmm. I need a chocolate pill, but I'll wait until coffee time tomorrow :)

Time for me to spend the rest of the evening with my husband. He is going overseas for a whole week, starting Sunday, and I am sick to my stomach already at the thought of being without him. I kind of...well, just exist when he's not around. I guess I'll have to sleep on his pillow for the week. When the scent fades, I will know he'll be due to come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home