Monday, September 05, 2005

Surprise! We're Coming Over!

I was dressed in my exercise clothes (I put them on every morning, just to make myself get into the groove) when I got a call from a realtor who said he wanted to bring people to see the house in two hours.

Don't'cha just love short notice when your home needs to look like a showpiece? For the next two hours, I did what they call "staging" -- ie, strategically place towels in an inviting spot next to the tub, make a nice fruit bowl for the kitchen, polish everything, get rid of the sink full of dishes and the bottles stored in full view on the counters, tidy up the play room and Boomer's room, open the blinds just so, de-clutter both offices, bathrooms... on and on.

Ugh. You think your house is nice until you know someone will come inspect it, looking for flaws. Looking at it with a critical eye, you see that it's actually a mess. I got so stressed that I got a monster headache.

So, exercise was a quick warmup and some abs. That's all for today. I am too sleepy (didn't sleep well last night) to do anything this evening.

Oh, and today I discovered Green & Black's Organic chocolate -- the espresso one.

Oh. My. God.

They make ice cream, people. I hope I never, ever find it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Space Mom said...

Good luck on the house!

And you look great in those new jeans!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home