Saturday, October 15, 2005

Furniture and Food

I have been happily shopping for shoes on Zappo's. Namely, winter boots, in anticipation of playing outside in the cooler weather. No pregnancy this year, no recovery form a nasty C-section, no sluggishness because of too much extra bulk.

I am so stoked.

Bring on the snowflakes. I will actually be able to zip up my good ol' LL Bean parka, size small. For a couple of years, I have been feeling like a bratwurst in that thing (it's red) and last year, forget it, I just went around with it unzipped.
I am also stoked because it juuuust looks as if my belly will cooperate and return to not-so-bad-looking, without a tummy tuck. I was genetically blessed and I have zero stretch marks. My pooch, however... well, we'll see.

If I get the guts (no pun intended) in a couple of months, I just may post bikini pics.
I have not worn a bikini since...let me think... 1996.

Today we drove an hour to go furniture shopping, then had dinner at a Chinese restaurant where we used to eat all the time, but stopped going because it was too much to haul little kids all the way to the neighboring state. The food was great, the service was fabulous, because they were very happy to see the crazy people who order for 12 and only have a party of 4. The manager was very proud to recommend some selections from his new Hong Kong chef. I fell in love with Chinese squash with Shiitake mushrooms. We also had salt and pepper pork chops, steamed fish, snow pea sprouts with dried scallop sauce, pork chow fun, spicy cucumber, free range chicken with ginger sauce, silky tofu with shrimp, and a few others.
OMG, it was sooo good! And we have plenty of leftovers for several meals.
My parents went with us, and we actually had a good time. They helped watch Boomer while my husband and I picked a new sectional for our family room.

This thing is THE bomb-- even has a cuddle nest where I intend to read to my boys. We ordered it in a cognac color with natural cherry wood. All the seats recline. The minute you sit on it, your eyes roll and you go, "Unnhhhhh...."
It will probably take 4 months, but well worth the wait.
This pic does not do it justice.



















Oh, and I am considering ordering the cuddle nest, by itself, for the bedroom.


Boom helped me test it out in the store. It was a perfect fit :)








Now, to actually have a move-in date. The house is a disaster. There is still a lot of work to be done. We have 6 house guests coming at Thanksgiving, and I really hope to be somewhat settled in by then.
If not, well, all good things come to those who wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home