Friday, October 14, 2005

Sneaking it in

I am beginning to sneak in exercise wherever and whenever I can.

In my car, I have a ball that I can use to do thigh and arm isometrics if I am stuck in traffic. Just put it between the knees or palms, and squeeze.

Also, while brushing teeth, I've found that I can get in a nice mini thigh workout by balancing on one foot and tracing the alphabet with the other. Point the toes, and make the letters as large as you can. By "Z" you will be hurting, and the boring time you usually spend just standing there, brushing your teeth, will be put to good use.

While washing dishes, you can get in a great butt workout. Squeeze, hooooooollld, release, repeat.

Also, for abs, you can lean over the sink and pull in your gut as hard as you can, contract, hold as long as you can, release, repeat. You can do this in the shower, or leaning over your desk while you are on the computer reading posts.

There is always, always time for abs. Ya hear that, Nance? :) You really need an exercise ball, girlfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home