Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I have a job

It doesn't pay, but it sure is a lot of work. Our latest business venture is a travel magazine in Europe, and I get to be the editor. This means I have 2 days to fix 10 articles, written by people who don't know the nuances of the English language. Sentences such as, "To start with, we have a wine house in the basement, where we intend to highlight our restaurant’s treats."
Grooooooan!
I'd really much rather post on forums, thank you very much. But I do benefit indirectly, even though I get zero cash, and I am the best person we have for this job, so I guess I'm it.

Wonderful day today. It finally stopped raining, and Boomer had a blast on his tricycle. We have had it for many months, but when we offered it the first time, all he wanted to do was to push it, and would not sit on it no matter what we tried, including me sitting on it myself and pedaling a few feet (yes, someone did take pics of this craziness -- the things we will do for our kids!) He got angry and frustrated because the thing wouldn't go straight, and after one too many fits, we decided to hide it until he was ready.
He's ready :)
He was out in the driveway for three hours today, enjoying the cooler weather, and I was in my office, listening to his excitement and laughter as I worked on my editing. Stefan watched from his stroller, and later in the day, seemed more determined than ever to walk. I held his baby hands as he put one tiny bare foot in front of the other and I tried to capture the moment in my mind's eye: his feet, his smile, his eyes, full of delight.
This little one seizes life as he does his food, with gusto. It is wonderful to watch. I am so grateful that he showed up, against all odds. I call him my "last eggie," LOL. I am not surprised that it was Stefan who got to it first, out of millions. He throws himself into everything with complete abandon, and a fearlessness that surpasses even Boomer's.
Anyway...exercise. This, too, involves the kids today. I began my workout at 6PM, chasing Boomer around and around the dining room table, with Stefan under my arm. They love this game, and Stefan's laughter is so contagious and wonderful that it is worth hauling him around like a football, all 18 pounds of him, as I run after Boomer yelling, "GO, Stefan, GO Stefan, GO!"
I did this until I was winded, and my husband took over. Minutes later, someone came to the door with (what else?) a business issue, and I took the boys to the basement so my husband could conduct his talk in peace.
Stefan went (thank goodness he still accepts to go) in the exersaucer, and Boomer immediately began running in circles as soon as he heard Jeff Beck. I did a mix of Stairmaster and killer weights, and after he hauled out the mini-tramp and jumped on that for a while, Boomer took his little dumbbells and did military presses. I thought I'd burst with pride, joy, and love.
It wasn't a long workout for me, but it was intense, and I am determined to stop feeling as if I have failed, if I do under an hour. Anything at all should be considered a victory, with everything I have going on. Have I mentioned that AF arrived today?
It's almost 10:30, and I still need to pump before I get to go to bed. Some thoughts on pumping tomorrow. I have been up since 4:30AM, and I really need to get some sleep.
Tired, but feeling good.
When AF goes away, I may just get up the courage to step on my Tanita.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home