Sunday, October 09, 2005

Nothing, and nothing

Ugh.

I took a whole week off.

Despite my best intentions to break the lazy spell and exercise today, I didn't get to doing it. A couple came by to see the house, and I ran around making it look presentable, intending to work out while everyone else had lunch.

I was on my way downstairs when Granite Guy rings the doorbell. We had to go over there to decide on what to do with the kitchen island, because there was no slab large enough to accomodate the design, and something had to be improvised. Boom and my husband quit their lunch, and I went next door with them, in exercise gear. Does the fact that I went up and down the stairs 5 times (following Boomer) count? Guess not, huh?

We then walked halfway around our very long street to deliver a neighbor's medication (!) which the post man had absentmindedly placed in our mailbox. Made me wonder what mail of mine the neighbors had received and thrown out.

On the walk back home, a car passed us, and we realized it was the potential renters. Sure enough, when we entered our driveway, there they were, surveying my yard. We gave them the tour, and they turned out to be very nice, and we had a lot in common, from provenance (same part of the world) to cars (same as what I drive) to political views (saw the sticker on their car, LOL) to hobbies (they saw my husband's magazines and my Barbies.) It was a bit Twighlight Zoneish. She is expecting twins in March.

Anyway... after they left, I had to pump, then it was 4 pm already, and we had to go see my parents. I was angry with myself because, yet again, I had not worked out.

We had a good visit and returned at 7, with dinner, but Boomer had fallen asleep in the car, so we put him to bed. I am guessing tomorrow will be an early wakeup at Rose's house.

Tomorrow I am jumping back into it with both feet. This is how I usually backslide, but this time, I am not going to let that happen.

Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home