Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Whe the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Order Hot Sauce

Today, my fingers got the exercise. I just didn't feel well. Neither did my boys, who were somewhat crabby.

After trying my darnedest to be pleasant while teaching Boomer to let his brother play with toys, any toys, having to withstand a meltdown caused by my taking away a set of blocks that Boom refused to share, after being pulled on by Stefan, who is determined to stand at all costs (including the pulling out of my hair, which he uses as a hoist rope) being vomited on twice, and changing the largest poop the little guy ever made (Mongolian Beef with Chow Foon Noodles poop-- clothespin-on-the-nose poop, people!) I decided I earned a break on my bed with my laptop.

Because my nanny is Mexican, and can't eat without something spicy, she has a bottle of hot sauce, permanently, in my house, which I found today in the basement, by the wipes warmer. I have no idea what it was doing there (probably being consumed with the chips, which she has to hide from Boomer--and me, LOL) but it made me smile.

I love, love, love heat in my food, the hotter, the better. One time I went overboard and ate 6 jalapenos with my fajitas, causing poor Stefan to have a really rough next day. Never did that again, but I still enjoy an occasional hot chile here and there.

Maria's bottle made me wonder what's available online, and I proceeded to have an absolute blast surfing for hot sauce. I ended up ordering several bottles from Firegirl.com.
With names such as Blair's Sudden Death Hot Sauce (with skull,) Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally... Slap Heard Around the World Hot sauce, and Ass in Hell Hot sauce, you can't go wrong. They also had reviews of the sauces, some of which were hysterical.

For the record, I didn't get any of the above, I did get El Yucateco for Maria, Religious Experience Original, Orange Krush Habanero, and a couple of others, most with no vinegar.

Can't wait to get my package in a couple of days. It's going to be one helluva picante taste test at Casa Rose's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home