Monday, July 09, 2007

I think I found my Mari

I am very happy to say that I did like my instructor today. Thank goodness. She's not a kid, not overenthusiastic, knows how to correct graciously, and is very calm and soothing. I booked the rest of my "sentence" with her. My husband says that I should not go there anymore, if I consider it a sentence. He is so right.

I managed to book a session with a woman whose profile and picture on the net seemed nice, and whose attitude I really liked when we spoke on the phone today. She does private lessons out of her house. *Real* one-on-one, not one of a row of machines, with someone having a lesson right beside you.

Sounds so good. I think I'm going to like her a lot-- I already do! Hope I like her home setup, too! She seemed to think her equipment is better. No leather straps, for instance. We'll see.

I'm trying hard to not get discouraged when I look in the mirror. I know it takes at least 4 months to see any results, and those, if you work out consistently.

I already feel better, though. Not so sluggish anymore, not so stiff. And I am really proud of myself for taking the step to go learn something new, that is, to be honest, quite tough to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home