Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gearing Up





Feeling much better today. Nothing is hurting, and I had a good appointment with Dr. Z.

Because I am getting fewer areas "muscle stimed," treatment is finally shorter. Plus, I am now going only twice a week.


I prepared this Mario Batali side dish for dinner, and we had spaghetti and meatballs as a main course. The broccoli rabe was on the bitter side, but I wanted fresh food that was not heavy, so I ate most of it. My stomach thanked me. I think I'll prepare the same thing again soon, but I will use bok choy or spinach instead of the rabe.


Gearing up for busy days. Preschool holiday recitals, three birthdays, holidays. Tomorrow, I have to bake something for a school Thanksgiving party, take Boom *back* at 2:30 for his singing recital, then arrange a little going away party for an employee who has been with us for 4 years.


Oh-- I just finished Julia Child's My Life in France, and was sorry when I got to the end of the book. So, I went to the library and managed to find video of all her old French Chef shows :) Starting tomorrow, I will watch them in the basement while I exercise.


Man.

That basement probably has cobwebs by now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

I've never heard broccoli rabe but I make a similar pasta dish using broccoli that David's italian uncle taught me. I just cook a head of broccoli cut up into small florets with the pasta. Drain the lot and tip it back in the pan. Then I add lots of olive oil, a clove of fresh crushed garlic, black pepper and lots of grated parmesan. If I've got it I also put in chopped italian parsley. Its so quick and easy. We eat it once a week here.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home