Thursday, August 13, 2009

FU(LL) BAR


Today, while shopping for a 3-minute egg timer at Bed, Bath and Beyond (the little hourglass kind, to time Stefan's potty sitting-- whole other post) I found a display of the Fullbar.

Created by a bariatric surgeon, these bars are supposed to stretch the upper part of your stomach, tricking your brain into thinking you are full. They are to be eaten 30 minutes before meals, and are purported to make you eat less.

Since it was way after lunchtime and I was very hungry, I grabbed two to try: the peanut butter and the cocoa chip.

I ate the cocoa one in the car, then followed with a drink of water.

My first impression was that they were glorified
Rice Krispie treats. Kinda spongy, OK in flavor, but nothing to write home about. The bar did make me feel full, but then, so would anything that would soak up water and expand inside the stomach.

The Fullbar is a good idea, but has 30g of carbs, which I consider to be rather high - not worth it, given the so-so flavor factor.

Moreover, I suspect I could get the same results by eating a rice cake with some dark chocolate, (or peanut butter) and avoid ingesting the following ingredients: Brown Rice Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Anhydrous Dextrose, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Soy Protein Concentrate, Honey, Gum Arabic, Glycerin, Agave Syrup, Canola Oil, (more) Salt, and (the mystery) Natural Flavors.


I actually intend to try that tomorrow. I could eat the rice cake and chocolate separately, therefore having more bites to take and more chewing to do.

Man. That sounds pathetic.
Or funny, depending on your perspective.

Not to mention that
the name of this thing cuts it really close to FUBAR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home