Thursday, July 12, 2007

Totally hooked


Pilates.

It has quickly turned from curiosity to raging addiction, for me. Part of the reason is that it is something totally new and, unlike most forms of exercise, it is *fun*. Also, unlike any other workout I have ever done, I leave energized and feeling bouncy as opposed to hurting and exhausted. For the first time ever, I actually *want* to work out!

Yesterday, I went to the studio where I hated the locale, but really liked the teachers. Got a very thorough and fantastic workout.

Today I had a private lesson with the instructor of my dreams. Not only are her credentials impressive and her teaching method very clear and thorough, but she immediately makes people comfortable as soon as she says hello. She is friendly, motherly, and confident. Has 2 cats and 4 grandchildren. I already love her.

And she really, really wants to see her students progress.

We clicked immediately. The woman let me walk out her door without even paying for the lesson, saying I could bring a check next time, for the 10-lesson package I want to purchase.

I can't wait until I get really good at Pilates. What I saw the advanced students doing looked like a blast.

Its almost too good to be true: something that will give me the body and energy I've always wanted, that I also *look forward* to doing? I feel as if I've hit the jackpot, I really do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home