Friday, August 10, 2007


Today I spent most of my time in bed.




This is unheard of for me, as usually, I only sit down when I drive. I rarely like to sit even to eat my meals, but I do it for the kids, most of the time.




But this Friday, I took Boom to tennis lessons, which he loves so very much, and then went home and fed the kids and the fish, and went to bed at 11:30, with Biofreeze on my sore spots. I watched Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and Great British Menu on the BBC, then dozed for an hour, my sweet, very happy cat by my side.


Right now, I am surfing the net while Stefan takes a nap and Boom watches TV.


At first, I was convinced I was going to go insane, but I am surprised to realize that I am enjoying this. I have not vegged like this (without having some sort of upper respiratory bug) since my pre-children days.


No pressure, just relaxation. Nothing to do, no one to take to school, no errands to run, no chores to do.


I am thinking of taking the kids to the basement to play this evening, while I do some sort of upper body workout.


The doctor said to stay off my feet. He did *not* say not to lift weights!


1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Please rest up! As you say - relax and enjoy a bit :)

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home