Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Feeling lighter


There comes a time when you just have to put that white flag on the stick and wave it.


Flicked some things off my overloaded plate today.

First of all, I called Pilates Studio Number One and told them I will not come back. I asked them to refund the 5 remaining lessons, which they will probably do.
Called Mari and told her I am taking a 2-month hiatus. The rush on Wednesdays to go pick up the boys, drive them home, rush to class within a 10-minute window, and then go straight to the doctor, all the while praying that traffic will cooperate-- just too much. Plus, I want to let my spine heal before stressing it any more.

So, today I am feeling lighter-- OK, not poundage-wise, but at least, a little less crazed.

I got a call from the Russian skating instructor I requested at the ice rink. She has a 2-year-old and can only do lessons at 6 or 8:30 (!) PM. Not the most convenient time, so I told her I'd get back to her. Her mom is coming from Russia in November, and staying 6 months, at which time the instructor will be available during the day. Much better for all of us.

Dinner at our house is normally a 7-person affair, and it falls on my shoulders 99% of the time, so I'd really like to keep dinnertime stable. I like to have a nice, nutritious dinner every night, if possible. It's good to just sit and connect with family. Also, to have a lesson at 6 would mean too much juggling. I am just too tired to juggle right now.

Darned mid-back feels tight, but other than that, no pain.

Oh-- and today Dr. Z had me dead lifting 100 pounds.

One hundred pounds.

I've never lifted 100 pounds in my entire life.

Today I did 6 times, injured.

Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home