Monday, October 08, 2007

In the groove


Yesterday, I worked out with weights again. I upped the cable lift weights to 110 pounds. Felt pretty good all day!

Today I went ice skating. Not only was the rink full of idiots people who skated very poorly but were going way too fast and wiping out all over the place, but it was full of kids, too, who had the day off from school. When I drove in and saw the number of vehicles in the parking lot, I almost turned around. But I went in anyway, because I knew I would have been ticked if I had missed my fix, and I had waited all weekend to go again.

To my delight, this time, not only was I steady on my skates, but I found my groove and weaved in and out, avoiding collisions and wobbly skaters with pretty good skill.
Because my skates are starting to fit very well (I had them heat molded) and my feet were not killing me, so I was able to relax and just concentrate on having a good time.

I skated for an hour and a half, and came out almost high. I had a great cardio buzz happening, and, boy, was I happy with myself!

Today at the appointment with Dr. Z, when I proudly told him how I had kept working out and about the 110 pounds, he warned me not to overdo it and not to do the exercises every day.

Sigh.

I always want to do more, more, more.

People are telling me I'm a Type A personality. You think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home